TaeMin Baek writes:
> We have zLinux(Redhat V5.5) running under z/VM V6.1 on z196.
> zLinux is coupled to VSWITCH which is defined IP and  has two separate OSA
> adater devices for VSWITCH failover.
> and two OSA adapter are connected same CISCO L2 switch.
>
> We tested VSWITCH failover, and it worked well.
> But after CISCO L2 swtich was reset for preventive maintenance, zLinux
> cannot recover dynamically recover IP network.

If no uplink paths are available to the physical switch then the
VSWITCH detaches its virtual uplink cable and waits for human
intervention.

> We delete and define VSWITCH and couple it to zlinux to recover zLinux
> network.

That's the virtual equivalent of throwing away your current physical
switch, ordering a new one, installing it and plugging in its uplink
cable...

> After making network status normal, we did CISCO L2 swtich reset again.
> but zLinux cannot pinged and network cannot be dynamically recovered.
> When we query VSWITCH DETAIL, error : detached is found.
>
> Is it normal when L2 Switch is reset? Whenever L2 Switch is reset, do I
> have to recover VSWITCH manually?
> I want to VSWITCH can recover automatically whenever L2 SWITCH is reset.
> How can i fix this problem?

...whereas the command
    SET VSWITCH vswname CONNECT
is the virtual equivalent of just plugging in the uplink cable again.

--Malcolm

--
Malcolm Beattie
Mainframe Systems and Software Business, Europe