>OK, we lost the good old 1403, but 'cmon... what'd I miss?  In the
>statement "z/VM now only supports 3203 printers", when is "now"?  ;-)

Real 1403s are no longer supported, but virtual 000E printers are defined
as 1403s by default. This is what caused Jeff's problem.

3203 is just one of the real printers that is still supported (Mike listed
others; I haven't verified his list). First level virtual printer 000E can
be defined as any of the supported real printer types in order to be used
as a "real" printer for the second level system. Of course, you also need
to have the correct image library (*IMG file) on the second level system
or the type of printer you define.

John Franciscovich