While exploring http://www.ibm.com/ibm100/us/en/
I dug in to

http://www.ibm.com/ibm100/us/en/icons/linux/breakthroughs/

and saw that the latest version of the Linux kernel is approximately 13 million lines of code across 33 thousand files.

If we assume that the LOC count is *really* 'file lines' and not the industry standard of 'non-commentary lines', does anyone have a rough estimate of how that compares to CP?

Not that the comparison is fair, since the roots of C go back to 1969 and it is intended to be a 'portable' language. CP started out in 360 Assembler but I imagine it has gone through several variants of PL{whatever}

Still, it would be an interesting comparison.

Les