On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:10:54 -0400, Les Koehler <vmr...@tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:

>Not that the comparison is fair, since the roots of C go
>back to 1969 and it is intended to be a 'portable' language.
>CP started out in 360 Assembler but I imagine it has gone
>through several variants of PL{whatever}
>
>Still, it would be an interesting comparison.
>

>Les

I'd have to work a bit to get a good size estimate, but for languages,
z/VM CP has some amount of PL/X code, and now even has some C in one
component, but it's still in large part coded in good old assembler
language.  :-)

Bill Holder, Senior Software Engineer
IBM z/VM Development, Memory Management, Endicott, NY
Phone:  607-429-3640        IBM TieLine: 620-3640