That's the correct address and University Plaza is the Conference  Hotel.

In a message dated 6/28/2011 2:21:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
j...@thethomasresidence.us writes:

Could  somebody please confirm the Union Facility's address to be 1739 N.
High  Street, Columbus,
Ohio 43210.

Do we have a common hotel that most  (if not all) are going to be staying at
?. University Plaza,
Varsity  Inn, Blackwell Inn ??.

Kind Regards

Jim  Thomas
617-233-4130              (mobile)
636-294-1014               (res)
j...@thethomasresidence.us (Email)

-----Original  Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System  [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Mike Walter
Sent: Tuesday,  June 28, 2011 1:06 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Varsity  Inn North & South & University Plaza - VM  Workshop
Hotels

I'm the one who mentioned bed bugs on this  list.  That was only after
seeing
customer reviews reporting it on  TripAdvisor,  see:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g50226-d223766-r93110651-Varsity_
Inn-Columbus_Ohio.html

But  the 'reported' problem is not confined to that hotel.  In looking  for
the report pasted above, today I happened across the following.   But please
note that this site appears to report that there are many  reputable hotels
in Columbus with bed bug  reports:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:96qas41VFmwJ:www.raveab
le.com/oh/columbus/bed-bugs-in-hotels/l5302+varsity+inn+south+bed+bugs+colum
bus+ohio&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

The  hotel I booked has one reported bed bug incident on that site, too.
It
doesn't seem as if there will be any way to avoid bed bugs across  the
country until a better insecticide is discovered.

Bed  bugs are not a sign of a "bad" hotel, just the fact that someone
brought
them in from somewhere else.  Without DDT (long banned for  good reason)
they
are very, VERY difficult to eradicate.  I agree that  competitors and
disgruntled customers have been known to lie about  conditions.  Take
reports
with a grain of salt (and a good  flashlight).  :-)

There's no good way to know how significant the  problem is, or... was.  The
problem may have been corrected since the  first report.  Life's
undercertain, eat dessert first!   ;-)

Mike Walter
Aon Corporation
The opinions expressed herein are  mine alone, not my employer's.