Beware when you give CP RR access to CF1: CP can have to read files from
there while it is running.  The most obvious are the logon LOGO files.  If
you change them on the fly while CP has RR access, CP can get the problem we
know as CMS users: 'error 3 reading file....'.

*CPLISTFILE * * A STAT* will show you which files are read how many times

To avoid that problem, you can tell CP to chache certain files (explained in
CP Installation and Planning Guide, "Understanding the CP File System".  You
can issue *CPCACHE fnsel ftsel fm* to have some files chached, or
create a CPCACHE
FILES on the CFx disks to have them cached automatically each time that CFx
disk is CPACCESSed.

Once that's done, you can change the SYSTEM CONFIG to access CFn in RR
mode.  That's how I set up my famous -and former- customer's VM systems.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support