As several people have said, the only way to prevent devices from
"appearing" to your z/VM LPAR when a dynamic activation is done is to use
the SET DEVICES NOTACCEPTED command either in your SYSTEM CONFIG or in
AUTOLOG1.  (I recommend using SYSTEM CONFIG.)  If you never, ever want those
devices to show up to your z/VM LPAR(s), then the IOCDS should be coded with
the NOTPART parameter to prevent the devices from ever being visible to
those partitions.

I would be happy to discuss this in greater detail offline if you are
interested.

Rick Barlow