--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Since Jasmin wrote it as an answer to my post complaining about the
> ever-increasing claims we hear for the breed, from speed, to weight
> carrying, yes, in that context, I DO think it was another example
of "breed
> inflation."  I'm not saying there's not one, or two..or maybe even
a dozen
> or two that are 14.2H+, and a few more in the 14-14.2H range...but
when so
> many people claim their horses are that height?

I thought she was just saying that there are some Icelandics who are
bigger.

> And we've seen what has happened to Haflingers, RMH and a few other
> breeds...

You would have no trouble finding RMH's around here in the 14hh
range. I think the breed standard tops them out at 16hh. I thought
my filly's parents looked pretty big, and in reality they are 14.2
and 14.3 hh. They look big because they are bigger than a lot of
horses out there, they aren't that tall, but I also think they are
using older breeding stock, nice well built horses. I am guessing
she will be 14.2, she is 13.2 now. I have no idea what they have out
of state, I was surprised when I first came here that the horses
were not that big, in California they have big horses, in Montana
they have big horses, here they aren't so big, not your average
trail horse.

Kim