--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Janice McDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> well, another thing about extremes, now that we are on the
subject...
> When dogs are shown for example, they are scored on which one at the
> show best meets the criteria of the BREED STANDARD.  So what IS the
> icelandic breed standard??  If you use evaluation scores, then the
> breed STANDARD for mane is mane hanging down a foot past the muzzle.
> whereas 99.5% of icelandics have a nice bushy thick pony type mane.
> Thats just one example of breed standard that comes to mind.
> its interesting i think.
> Janice --
> yipie tie yie yo

Hi janice

here you have to differentiate between stallions and mares. And breed
standard does not mean, that all horses comply. and the mark for mane
and tail is only a very small percentage of the overall mark for
conformation so does not really influence the overall score. You can
not ride the mane and tale btw ;-)

Jasmin