On 1/15/07, Robyn Hood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Judy,
> I have a question about the term saddle rack.  When and where did the term
> start?  It makes good sense but I don't know that any of the gaited horse
> group here in Vernon use the term.

i think it is a southeast/tennessee/ term.  everyone around here says
it.  Lee says it in her book.  There are other names for it tho...
like KMSH people calling it a daisy cutter and the mccurdy people
calling it a mccurdy lick...  i just know it is an unacceptable gait
in the TWHBEA show ring because it is  a rack not a walk.  it is by
FAR the most common gait in walking horses around the southeast that i
have seen...
janice
--
yipie tie yie yo