On 2/4/07, Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The horses are standing facing me.  I point to the left with my left
> > hand, and foot, the rope is in my left hand--the horse doesn't move.
> > I lift the stick which is in my right hand, the horse doesn't move, I
> > throw the rope of the carrot stick over to the horse and off they go
> > to the left.  I stand still and they go around and around and around
> > while I wind them in and eventually they stop facing me....I'm hoping
> > with practice they'll get the idea that I'm not trying to lunge.
>

> In reading this, I felt, with the instructions, that you WERE asking them to
> lunge!

I was copying what I saw Pat doing in a video--his horse only went
around him once or twice while mine seems to think I wanted continuous
circles.  I'm going to watch Pat's video again and see if I can figure
what I'm doing wrong.  I saw this on the video that I received with my
Savvy Times -- Pat does the 7 games with a horse that has never done
any games.