rubbed all the hair off and the lower half is raw.  I've been putting
antibiotic cream over it and diaper rash cream on top of that to try and
keep the dirt out and protect the bare skin from our windy days and 22
degree nights.  Is there something better I can do?

Can you try putting a fly mask on it until it starts healing?  It won't stop
a windburn if that's what it is, but it will make it harder for him to rub
the skin off - it can break the cycle.  I know it will look odd to have a
fly mask on him in the winter, but who cares?  Just a day or two may be
enough.

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]