On 2/7/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The truth is there are no easy and quick answers to any of the common
> questions, but I thought Janice's list was very good.  And, regarding the
> starving horse situations, I seriously doubt that the woman who had Svertla
> and Stali would have treated them any differently no matter what any one had
> told her.  A person who lets a horse starve has to have a mental condition,
> be exceptionally mean or generally have a loose screw.  I don't think
> situations like that occur because of generalizations sellers or promoters
> make.

I'm going to agree with Judy... When I got Runner he came from a
doctor who's dad was a vet. A large animal vet. The vet/father told
Runner's owners that he should be able to live on pasture alone, if
they let him go barefoot and gravelled around the water trough and
feed area he'd grow tough feet, etc...

He can't live on pasture alone (pasture, 5lbs of Ultium (high fat
feed), and 8lb of hay, and a good blanket below 40 since he's not got
a good coat), he can't go barefoot, etc... But, the vet kept telling
him he just needed more time to adjust.

Oh... He hadn't been vaccinated because by kinesiology his antibodies
were still high.

Some people don't need animals. Runners owners and Svertla's owners
are in that group.

Steph
--
"Brutality begins where skill ends."
"Correctly understood, work at the lunge line is indispensable for