> I think that's a good point.  Another thing, and this is just me, is that we
> generally don't even ask the horse to do anything above a walk while we're in
> the stage where someone is riding and someone else is leading.   Maybe I'm
> slow, (maybe? Ha...) but I wait until the horse is pretty comfortable at
> carry a rider without a leader to ask for any gait.  But, isn't it just the
> best to see Dagur, so soon into his riding time, offering a nice, soft gait,
> and one so darned close to the middle of the spectrum?  He'll only get better
> with time and patience.  Isn't that just the best?

It is the best......already yesterday Cara said that Dagur felt much
more solid beneath her, so he's learning how to balance her weight.
But yes, we want to keep everything at a walk, but Dagur is just so
eager to offer these soft litte gait sessions that it's hard to turn
him down.  However, I should mention that we ended the session with a
nice relaxed walk....that's what we really want to focus on while we
work on his steering and brakes....the walk.

Dagur's attitude is just the best....he started the session yesterday
by showing me he could back up while we both faced the same direction.
 He's glancing over at me the whole time with a bright little look in
his eyes...'see Mom...I'm really talented."

It's his attitude we want to bring along as well....so it's sort of
like teaching a human kid, just ignore the bad and praise the
good...and let the creativity flow...

Wanda
off to read more of Lee's book...