Hi Karen

>And I absolutely CANNOT wear the deerskin full seats in our humid summers -
>I melt.  They are fine for me in the early spring and late fall.  I am
>hanging on to my pair of Equissential arctic fleece tights, just in case I
>ever get motivated to lose a little weight.

I can imagine as I remember wearing them at Equitana in Kentucky and it was
brutal.  Equissentials was the manufacturing company that made the tölting
treads for us - light weigh tights with Icelandics tölting, trotting pacing
etc up and down the legs.

If you want a light weight comfy, inexpensive riding pant also check out
Kerrits  - www.kerrits.com  They are made in Oregon and I have just bought a
couple of pairs of boot cut pants - they only have knee patches so aren't as
grippy as the deerskin but are cooler in the summer.  Virginia can look at
them in the Greenhawk catalogue (a Canadian company so you won't have the
exchange rate).   They are not NEARLY as fun - with fringe etc - as the
Equissentials but also a good option.

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty