> Thanks what I was thinking , maybe a Haflinger cross?
>
> Saddle certainly perches on his back.  Geee I wonder why he was
> uncooperative to ride??

He was trotting down the road slinging his head with ears flat while
she would make him circle and circle and he would wring his tail and
flatten his ears and start to crow hop and she would circle and
circle, and he appeared to have the worst jarring trot I've ever seen,
or maybe she didn't know how to post.  He was so unhappy!  I felt
sorry for him!  There just didn't seem to be any release from his
discomfort or her lack of any attempt to try and figure why he was
acting so bad!  I would at least got down and tried readjusting some
things!  I offered at the break for her to try him in my sensation but
she said no "my saddle is light enough"  so i went into this long
"well, I have an icelandic built similar to this but even narrower I
think and there's no treed saddle will fit him"  blah blah on and onnn
 she looked at me like she was very bored and like I was a new species
of roach bug or something, then went over and started flirting with a
man. soooo.  I did my part haha.  I just wish I coulda helped him but
maybe I did!  maybe I planted a seed and when she gets desperate she
will try a new saddle.  but it wasnt just that.  I think he is really
too fat!  Do you??  I cant really tell but he isnt just huge and
stocky like Tivar he seems to waddle...
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo