>>> So anyway.  I think it did ok!  Maybe the medi-cheval pad helped?  I
decided to try it and if he started walking funny (he walks to the side when
in saddle pain) or refusing to move out (another way he shows pain) then I
would get off immediately, but he never did that.

I watch the wet/dry places with my saddles, but I've never really trusted
them to fully tell the story.  I don't see anything in those sweat marks
that would worry me.  Were his withers clear?  And there was no soreness?
Just go slowly, watching for signs of problems,  because sometimes they can
be ok for a couple of rides, before a problem starts.  But, I'd say, so far,
so good.

That Medi-cheval pad is the one I bought from Ann Cassidy, the one she'd
been using for Mr. T(ivar).  She had Medi-Cheval inserts, plus some Dave
Genadek shims in it.  I think that pad, with that padding was great for
Tivar, and maybe it will work for Jaspar - I'll keep my fingers crossed for
you!

You need to be sure that the owner of the Half-Haf-Draf learns about
treeless saddles.  How tall is he compared to Tiv?

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]