On 3/3/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I don't think they are milder;  but I don't think there's too much
>  difference.  I bought the ones I have because I was able to find the short
>  shanked ones (called "Tom Thumb Pelhams" - Susan at Saddle Up has them) in
>  difference widths, and I was having trouble finding the plain mullen mouth
>  snaffles in various sizes.

I import them regularly. Would be happy to do so at cost for list members.

Normally they're around $50 a piece, but that is dependent on exchange
rates to GB. I have found 4.5, 4.75, and 5 avaliable in the states for
$25, but I like the design of the European ones better. The mouthpiece
is more curved like the Pelham mouth.

And, we did have a Mullen shaped Happy Mouth. None of the horses liked
it and I sold it several years ago. I like the metal mullens or double
jointed happy mouths, the mullen happy mouths are just too thick.

If you're ever in Gastonia Trish you can come borrow some bits from
me. I have about 10 I loan out, most of them are duplicates that I
purchased to leave with clients.

Steph
--
"Brutality begins where skill ends."
"Correctly understood, work at the lunge line is indispensable for