On 3/21/07, Wanda Lauscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Then they need to learn to recognize a non show gait when they see one
> and understand what naturally gaited means.

Boy aint THAT the truth---  at least I KNOW my horse's are gaited or
not...  and what gaits they do.  And I am not that great at it!  But
when I don't know, I try to find out from people who do.  Many people
just throw out a pic of a horse doing a stepping pace and say "here is
a nice tolt".  I could make them gait "naturally", believe me, there
are so many people who do around here...  but I won't cause my horse
pain or structural damage to make it gait.  Heck, I don't even make
jaspar gait and he has a nice rack which he has done exactly three
times now.  Because he hates it, he has to practically contort himself
to do it, and I can FEEL it isnt relaxed and easy for him.  And I have
ridden enough sound natural gait to know when a gait is soft and
relaxed and easy on the horse and not pounding and strained and tense
altho "smooth" for me...
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo