>>>Yesterday I found out that the instructor hasn't renewed with Parelli
(apparently a lot of instructors aren't signing the new contracts--I don't
know the details) and his 'Parelli' title is over May 31st.  I know that
doesn't mean he loses all his knowledge with the title but that really puts
a damper on my enthusiasm.

For what it's worth, there are always upheavals in associations of
horsemen...sometimes it seems more prevalent than in other disciplines or
sports, but I'm not so sure it really is.  In all lines of work, people are
continually changing jobs, moving on to greener pastures - and sometimes big
businesses fail.   It happens on all levels, even very local levels.  It's
always hard to know the full story - is it possible that the instructor is
just feeling a little arrogant, and feels he doesn't need the Parelli name
any more?  Or, on the other hand, are the Parelli's getting more difficult
to deal with?  If they are, is it justified - I'm sure it's hard to
guarantee the quality of their instructors?  In other words, to what extent
are human egos at play here? To be honest, I don't even want to get into
that level of the disagreements, whether Parelli or some of the little local
spats I hear about.  Those are human business issues - like most of us I'm
sure, I have to deal with that sort of thing in other parts of my life, and
I like to keep "politics" away from my horses.  Well, except for any
"politics" that might be directly related to the welfare of the animals.

>>>I've emailed the clinic rep to ask if the instructor will still be
allowed to teach 'Parelli' if he isn't licensed.

I'm pretty sure not...literally.  But good horsemanship is good
horsemanship.   If the guy is good, he's still good.  If he's not - well,
maybe he'll be able to use some of his new freedom to learn more
perspective, or to pull from good experiences he had before he joined the
Parellis.

And remember, a lot of folks use parts of the Parelli program, learned
through independent study.  No matter what happens with any given
instructor, there's no reason why you can't continue to use the parts you
can learn.  And, the Parelli's most certainly aren't the only name in
Natural Horsemanship.  They have a very well-organized program, but the
downside of a well-organized program is while it may be effective for many
horses, and many owners.

7:44 AM

"The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate,
contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic."

"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

[] The video every Icelandic Horse owner should have:
http://IceHorses.net/video.html
[] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
[] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
[] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo