>>  Let an Americans screw up 2 perfect breeds.  Here in the US we
have enough screwed up horses!

You say this as if Iceland had never bred any "screwed up horses"~!
!!!  Why are they eating so many of them??

I'm so tired of the "let's bash the americans" crap.  Our money is
good enough for icelanders, but we are not.

BTW...I'm proud to be an American and so is Huginn, my Ice Pony!!<<<

I'm jumping in to this thread, as, with computer glitches,  I've not
received original message about this breeding, nor, I guess other

I'm very enamoured with Gypsy Vanners and Icelandics......... would
surely consider a cross as a choice for us, assuming sire and dam are
sound, have good temperament and have been well cared for.......were we
younger.

  Don't see how such a breeding would impact either registered breed, as
offspring couldn't be registered/shown.

If Icelandic could contribute soft gait and Vanner sturdy
conformation.......what a great combination for a family/pleasure/trail
horse.

Would really appreciate if someone might send original message,
offering horse for sale.

Thanks,
Kate Basler
Monterey, MA
Paddy/Slettir and Pila, Icelandic horses
Kokopelli, Hackney pony mule
Tess and Bodhi, Irish Water Spaniels
Dorje, Snowshoe cat

PS, Have no idea who wrote about an American screwing up 2 perfect
breeds---so no personal  insult intended...no insult intended at all,
but is there a perfect breed?.  If so, I want one of those :-)  We have
two lovely, well-bred, registered and well-trained  Icelandic horses,
but they sure ain't perfect.
from AOL at AOL.com.