>>> No stallion are used in breeding if both testicels are not there and
mostly they come´s down in the bag around 10-12 monht old and of course you
don´t breed stallions to mare´s before two yo so you do have time to check
it before.  and also check if they are not so big diffirence in size and
that they turn right in the bag is also a must check before you breed.

But what about the mares...?  Do people keeping rebreeding mares that
produce cryptorchid colts?  What I've read implies that the condition may be
passed through the mares, although that's not certain.  If you think about
it, it makes sense, since the problem is obvious in the colts, but is
rampant in the breed.  It would take record-keeping, time and concern, to
track the mare's offspring though.

It's not a slap in the face, Malin.  I'm a breeder myself, and I've stuck my
neck out here, by talking about a colt born here.  I have nothing to gain by
talking about it - and possibly could lose from talking about it.  I KNOW
there are lots of other cryptorchids in the breed, a very high percentage -
even though no one wants to use the word.  It's simply something we need to
talk about, so we can learn more.  If we don't talk about it, we can't track
it and see where it's coming from.  Such a high rate of cryptorchidism is
not common in horses in the USA, nor is it acceptable.

By the way, my colt will of course be gelded.   I have no plans to ever
rebreed the mare.  I don't KNOW if that's all I can do on this subject, but
I'll tell the list if I have any cryptorchid colts born next year.  I don't
know what the answers are on this topic, but I will continue to conversation
as I see more.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:19 PM