On 28/04/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hay cutting doesn't normally start until the first-middle of May in my part
> (slightly west of center) of NC.  It's too cool at night before that, and
> too much dew forms, making it almost a sure thing that the hay will mold if
> cut earlier.   Sometimes we don't cut our fescue until early June.  The
> Bermuda grass that's grown just east of here, all the way to the coast, is a
> summer grass.  They don't cut it before late June, and they get cuttings all
> summer, into the very early fall.

Interesting when things are done in difference climates.  We usually
don't get our hay until mid-July.  Then if we're lucky, we pull it
right from the field and stack it and tarp it immediately.

Though this year, we may just hire the fellow to deliver it as well.
He lives a fair bit away, but his hay is beautiful.

Wanda