On 5/3/07, Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I saw this very shiny horse the other day.  He was just glowing in the sun,
> almost looking like liquid metal.
>
> He was a distance from me, so I couldn't get a close-up.
>
> Maybe a cremello?  or perlino?

champagne.  definitely.  I have seen an akhel teke in person twice,
two different ones, and altho there may be shade variations horse to
horse that I am unaware of, this is not the akhel Teke color I saw.
The akhel teke color tho is hard to describe :)  It is like sorrel but
not so red, and glows.  Like old gold.  darker than this horse.  I say
this horse is perlino or champagne.  If you had a close up the face we
could maybe tell if its champagne because they usually have freckles
on the muzzle, around the eyes etc and the eyes are a very striking
amber.  I have seen many champagne horses.  They glow also, like Akhel
Teke.  Wonder what causes that glow??  i have seen the BEST grooming
and they shine pretty, but the champagne and akhel Teke horses glowed
like metallic.

Janice
--
yipie tie yie yo