altho there may be shade variations horse to horse that I am unaware of,
this is not the akhel Teke color I saw.

Akhal Tekes don't have to be any particular color, although that metallic
coppery color is the one people usually think of.  There's one in our area
who is just plain old bay.   The breed standard says the metallic glow is
"desirable"...meaning it's not required.
http://akhal-teke.org/standard.htm

My friend lost her old QH stallion last year.  He had the metallic look to
his sorrel coloring - very striking.   But, he was a registered QH, not an
exotic breed.

Back to bed now...Cary graciously shared the stomach virus he had earlier
this week with me.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM