>> agrees with them by saying "The Icelandic horse is very small, but he is
>> so
>> strong".
>>
>> What else could he do?  It's the PC thing to do / say, isn't it?
>
> Sorry, I just don't like Monty Roberts. He's a liar, and his methods
> are gimmicky.  So I don't appreciate how he gains credibility among
> lay people (ie, non-horse people) who've read his books and think
> "Ooooo Monty Roberts said it so it must be true!"

I don't care for his methods.  Many, many years ago, I had said, somewhere
on the website, that his methods weren't necessary for Icelandic Horses
since most don't need to be run around a round pen.

I guess he read that and it must have stayed with him, since subsequent to
that time, when he returned from Iceland, he put something on his site to
the effect of "and they said this wouldn't work with Icelandics".

I don't know if you got to see this video:

http://www.hestafrettir.is/veftv/default.asp?MovieID=170&CategoryID=18

which is a young guy in Iceland practicing some of the MR stuff.

I wrote to him to ask what he's doing in parts (i.e. sitting on the horse
and having someone pull / yank on the horse's head to the side).  He wrote
back once, but when I asked "why" he never wrote back again.

Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com