Hi Karen,

>>>I don't agree with that Judy, at least not as phrased.  If you mean that
Icelandic Horses are rarely seen in the "signature breed gait of tolt" then
yes, I totally agree.  But I see a lot of gait in my horses at liberty.

I would agree with you Karen.  Especially the foals but also as they are
growing.  I need to go into the pasture and take some video of our horses
going into and out of the grass eating pasture and also the young horses.

I would be very interested to see if anyone has photos of horses in tolt/
rack free in the pasture.  Would also like to see a photo of a TWH racking
without a rider.  Karen and Janice you may have seen it??  The question then
becomes are Rack/ Tolt as defined mostly human influenced gait???  Just a
question well worth looking at, IMO.

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty