--- Raven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>Plantation classes are allowed to use shoes that  are 3/4 of an
> inch
> thick and 1 1/2 inches deep...for perspective, most  keg shoes are
> 3/4
> of an inch DEEP and 3/8 inch THICK.
>
> hi nick...how big are the icelandic shoes? the ones i have seen are
> fairly thick.  also, what is being discussed on this list is what
> is
> done to iceponies.

I still have Foss's shoes when he came over from Iceland, I will dig
them out of the barn and measure them.

A lot of the Keg shoes we use over here

(St. Croix and a lighter shoe made in Malaysia)

are not 3/8" thick.....I will measure our keg shoes that we
stock....the poly shoes we use  are thicker than the kegs, but much
lighter and give a lot.

Skye

      ~~~~Fire Island Farms~~~~
Breeding Quality Icelandic Trail Horses

             Certified Farrier Services
          'Natural Balance' Shoeing and Trimming.
         Founder, Navicular options for your horse.

                          808-640-6080