--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Janice McDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> just because I want to always go on record as to not perpetuate any
> stereotypes... I have owned/own three icelandics.  All three
were/have
> been pistol balls.  They are not "sweet" little darling munchkins,
> little darling lambs all docile and cuddly.

I can see this:) I have found them easy to train, I have two
geldings, I think there is something reserved in them though,
something a little distant, slow to warm up, but they do melt
sometimes:) They have their bratty moments, I mean Dari just decides
that no human is coming near him at times, I really have to approach
him properly, or he will take off. Snorri is not having any part of
me sticking wormer in his mouth (he thinks), I do have to get the
halter out and hold it pretty tight or he will throw his head up and
down trying to get rid of me, it's not really the worst thing I've
ever seen though. Neither of them are biters or kickers, not to
people anyway. Snorri and Zoe were having a little spat over who
would stand next to me, Snorri grabbed her tail in his mouth and
tried to skin it, then Zoe kept squeezing between Snorri and I, so
she could be the one standing next to me, I guess it's appropriate
that they are pastured with mules, they seem to get along.

My mules and my horse (all mares, maybe this has something to do
with it?) they are all much more expressive, like running up to me
and getting real close and wanting me to pet them and hug them. The
Icelandics do come and seek attention, but it is much more subtle,
they take their time, it is a big thing for them to come up and poke
at my hand and explore, the girls are on it right away. Ultimately,
the Icelandics are very sweet though.

Kim