Yes, I find them friendly, my boy runs to me when I call him. He will leave
food if I call him. He has been a big pet for years. Now he is not broke to
ride  yet, so we will see.  He was easy for me to blanket and put a saddle on
and  rig him up from the beginning.  His sister was that way also. After
dealing
 with a Peruvian that is a whole different story.  That was work, for years,
we did the John Lyons training and when I took him to a seminar for three
days  he went nuts. Was never the same.  He wanted to bite the man that was
working with me. I would never stress my horse again like that.
 I really like my Paso Fino trainer, he is a Mexican boy that has a  way with
horses. Teaches them to side over to you to mount, to bow and do  tricks.
Uses grain treats no force at all.
Sylvia