Hi
>>>yesterday i took stjarni in a fourth-of-july parade, and we rode back
behind a group of three-gaited drill horses from new hampshire.
definitely the one at the end was a bit freaked out as we tolted up
behind them -- i suspect the fast four-beat sounded like two trotting
horses from behind.

We have done lots of demos around other breeds of horses and we always have
to be careful because, especially with several Icelandics gaiting together,
it can really scare other horses.  The Grand Prix jumpers seem especially
unnerved so we pay a lot of attention to walk slowly around them.

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty
Vernon BC Canada