> Can anyone else get any pictures of dappling on a known chestnut
> horse?  A good many of my horses show dapples, but oddly, none of
> my chestnuts do.  I'd never thought about that until Wanda brought
> it up.

We have 5 chestnuts here, no dapples on any of them.  3 of the have
flaxen mane and tails.  We have dapples on our bay pinto, and on 4
out of 5  the silver dappled horses, and some of our black horses,
the black (without the fading gene) Dis has dapples as does some of
the fading gene blacks.

Skye

      ~~~~Fire Island Farms~~~~
Breeding Quality Icelandic Trail Horses

             Certified Farrier Services
          'Natural Balance' Shoeing and Trimming.
         Founder, Navicular options for your horse.

                          808-640-6080