Oh no!

Not another mare bigot.

I am a huge fan of good geldings and would always rather ride one.  And I
have probably owned the witchiest Welsh pony mare ever born, but there are
great mares, too, and mares who are never cranky and never exhibit in heat
behavior.  I have two here right now.

At the boarding facility where Hunter lives, they have mare pastures and
gelding pastures, but they will sometimes break the rules.  There's a big
black mare in the pasture where Hunter is and there is a gelding with two
mare that our friends keep there.  I really don't see the mares upsetting
the geldings any more than any new horse would.

Nancy