On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:41:49AM -0700, Nancy  Sturm wrote:
> Oh my, Vicka, that would be your horse or your husband?

in which way? :)

i recently amused a friend by pointing out that daniel (my husband) is
not "my other half" -- he's a complete individual unto himself, thanks
very much.  but when i'm riding stjarni, i do strive to be "the other
half" of a unified being -- i visualize us as a centaur.

(of course, when daniel's on stjarni, *he's* the other half of their
centaur.  i shall gracefully decline to discuss ways in which daniel and
i might be considered to share a center of momentum ;)

--vicka

ps. my husband is tall, slender, and only moderately strong -- i would
never ask *him* to lift 300#!