> >combat the
>>American ideas about ponies - they are for children etc.
>
> I would surely agree with this since I find myself without fail talking
> about weight carrying capability to every person I'm introducing my
> Icelandics to...I don't want them to think I'm abusing the ponies by
> riding
> them, I guess.

Yes, I think it's good to educate people about how much a stocky short pony can
carry, so good for you!

I think we have to be concerned for the breed in general, that it doesn't get
into the fabrication or unrealistic area.

It helps if we know how to evaluate, as much as can be done, about that
ability.

Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com