On 06/08/07, Janice McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> people around here are talking like thiswinter/next spring is gonna be
> a hay shortage to end all hay shortages.

Janice, what we have done during dry years is feed hay cubes.  The
horses did great on them.  The best part is they can take all the old
mouldy hay, process it, and all the mould is killed.  So it's a clean,
healthy food by the time your horse gets it.

I had a mostly timothy(with a bit of alfalfa) cube.

Something to think about.  We have a cube plant about an hour away, so
we can take the trailer and load up any time we want....

Just an idea...

Wanda