on that particular style? I have looked around a bit for comments on the
treeless saddle group and other groups and have not noticed much of anything
about the Island.

No, but if one were convenient, I wouldn't mind trying one.  I have a
Torsion Extra Light that works on my larger Icelandics, but it "walks
backwards" (can't think of another way to express it) on Melnir, who is one
of my smaller horses.  My Sensations work fine on him, so I don't NEED
another saddle, but my curiosity gets the better of me sometime.  :)

I saw on the treeless list not too long ago that someone was using an
"Island" on some short-backed horse (not an Icelandic though) and she liked
it a lot.

Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC