> i also owned and rode horses as a child and teen; i'm a "recycled rider"
> after twenty years between.  sum toto i have about ten years of riding
> behind me, and four of owning, one of which is owning stjarni.  i've
> also served a formal instructor's apprenticeship and passed a state
> licensure exam.
>
> anybody can come along and say "well you haven't done it as long as this
> other person".  you haven't owned horses as long as gudmar has, for
> instance.  but you know, so what?  i still exist, the stuff i say is
> still true, and declaring me a "new horse owner" is going the ad hominem
> route.

Then why didnt you say this in the first place?!  You wrote that after
one year of horse ownership, you no longer consider yourself to be a
new horse owner.  I would take this to mean that you have only owned a
horse for one year. I consider a person who has owned a horse for one
year to be a new horse owner.  Simple logic, with the information I
had.

Maybe you can try to be more clear in the future.

Robyn S