Janice Wrote:

> how can you say that with such certainty.  have you ever seen any
> icelandic people over here training?  or the results of their
> training?  or rehabbed any horses that have been trained the
> traditional way?
> Janice

Yes, I have have stated many times.  Many of the imported horses here
from Iceland have been trained by Icelandic trainers.....

We have a gelding here (Drifonde) was was trained at Gunnersholt,
wonderful, light, easy to stop horse.  Talk about Traditional
training!

Baldur fra Bakka who won the 1999 flying pace WC....he was my trail
mount for a long time, wonderful horse....very traditional training.

I could go on and on.....

We do have a rehab here who was imported then abused in his training
in Ca......very sweet wonderful horse, we took him to a Linda
Tellington Jones clinic here on island, and he responded with it so
much.....

My friend who has taught clinics in Iceland and has worked with many
Icelandic trainers there and here.....

And about rehabbing horses that were trained the traditional
Icelandic way, as stated before a lot of us feel that any method of
training can be abused......even Parellis, Lyons, Clinton Andersons,
etc.....

So yes I can say that with much certainty.

Skye

      ~~~~Fire Island Farms~~~~
Breeding Quality Icelandic Trail Horses

             Certified Farrier Services
          'Natural Balance' Shoeing and Trimming.
         Founder, Navicular options for your horse.

                          808-640-6080