--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Morton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> how people got to a certain place, how they trained their horses,
> it's the process to me that is most important...
 Dari came back a goey Icelandic who is still to this day
> terrified of whips...
 I really wish I had found a different kind of help. > Kim
> really still feeling guilty about allowing this to happen

Kim, I have seen all types of trainers do things that would knock your
socks off and you would swear they hate horses, are afraid of them and
have no true understanding of horses- and yet that same trainer can
turn around and be gentle and kind and patient in another situation and
you would swear they are totally 'in tune' with horses...it seems to
depend on their perception of whats going on at the moment, perception
of why the horse is not behaving(the horse has learned to be lazy), or
perception of time(I don't have time for this behavior), or perception
of what the client wants(they want a horse that goes) and probably a
few others. You could have combed the world and found the 'perfect
trainer' and still ended up with this situation on any given day. I
encourage you to let go of the guilt(your horse knows it wasn't you)
and just keep your ears and eyes open when you ask other people to
exert their authority over your horse. BTW, let me know if your horse
learns not to be terrified of whips-I could use that info with one of
mine.
Late'