>Does anyone have one?
Good lord no, it's a FAULT. Silly woman! ; )

>talked with the Icelanders, somewhere in the 70's, they came up with :  draf
>tolt and brokk tolt.
Both of which mean - guess what? Trotty tolt.

>That's limiting, tho, for those Icelandic Horses that are conformed for, and
>naturally fox trot, which is a super gait, very smooth, and easy on the
>horse.
I agree. Also the ones which do a nice stepping pace.

>Mic, you are in a perfect position to educate across the pond.

Hmmm, I wonder. John, who sometimes appears on this list, and myself,
have tried to get a motion put forward to the delegates assembly
calling for the use of drop or flash nosebands with curb bits to be
banned in FIPO competition. So far, we are the only ones on the Board
of Trustees for the UK who see it as a problem. It's unbelievable,
John even sent them that awful photo from the WC of the rider using a
flash noseband (tight) with a Paso bit.

It's not even as though the Board members are all serious competition
riders or something.... If we can't even convince a small group of
British ("we're a nation of animal lovers") people, I'm not so sure
how it's going to go with people like the German and Swedish (not to
mention Icelandic) sports riders.

I try not to be defeatist, but sometimes it feels like pushing a
boulder up a mountain. We have a Board meeting in a couple of weeks -
maybe we'll be able to work something out then. Fancy putting together
a nice presentation on the evils of drop/flash nosebands with curb
bits?

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"