to say - both of these girls have fantastic feet - I'm lucky.  The farrier
says he has clients that would pay huge amounts of money to be able to put
these feet on their horses and I'm sure they do, trying to make their horses
feet better.  I am so lucky to have 2 ponies here that have nice hard feet,
that stand up to really rocky trail riding with no shoes or boots.  Hold
on - I need to go knock on wood really quick  :-))

AMEN to that, Laree!  I'm sure there are some Icelandic's out there
somewhere with less-than-ideal feet, but we have some great feet on our farm
too. Which really gets back to why I brought up this question about
"Icelandic farriers" (or farriers with "Icelandic experience") to begin
with.   I think we, in general (ALWAYS in general!) have some great feet in
this breed, generally VERY easy to deal with...so why would we need
"special" farriers?!!  We just need GOOD farriers for our horses, as do
horses of any breed.

And, yes, I'm sure there are exceptions to my "good feet" perception...