> Interesting.  I'm used to mainly thinking of winging as a conformation
> problem...and I suspect there almost has to be a conformational element for
> a horse to show it as markedly as these two did.

When I took a USDF dressage judging weekend class the question of a
horse that is winging came up.  We were told that this absolutely
shouldn't be a consideration in the score because this is not what
they are being judged on. I am sure this is the same in the WC
classes. Now whether it should be part of the judging is another whole
issue.  I do know that it is considered a fault and judged so, when
Hanoverians go for their inspection (and probably the other warmblood
inspections, too) - which is a breeding evaluation. That is probably
more of an appropriate place for this to be penalized.  Of course, if
I were considering breeding to one of these horses, their winging in
competition would be part of the consideration.

--
Laree