>>> Advertising is not freely allowed on the list.  It has never been freely
allowed.  Trying to sneak in a word about your product every other message
is not nice; it's not playing by the rules, and is selfish.

I really appreciate the fact that advertising is limited on some of the
lists, particularly this one.   The treeless saddles list has a policy to
allow distributors and manufacturers to answer questions about the products
they sell, but occasionally a few of the dealers get overly zealous, and the
list turns into one big annoying info-mercial.  I think, given that that the
treeless list is a product/genre-centric list, it makes sense to have some
vendors on it, since they may know the answer to some reader's questions
more completely than the non-vendors.  But, this is a HORSES list, so I
appreciate that product advertising is very limited.  That just gets
annoying, trying to separate the sales pitches from the genuinely
unsolicited testimonials - especially when you see the same product hawked
on 3-4 lists.  I like the treeless list a lot, but without some moderation,
I'm afraid it would get out of hand quickly.  The moderator is pretty good
about keeping the posts on topic there.  I'm thankful, because I get plenty
of junk r-mail ads as it is!

What should we do, Judy, if one of us has a single-item type horsey
something-or-other that we'd like to sell?  Should we just drop a note to
you, asking if a short e-mail to the list is suitable?

Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.