>> How tall are t-posts?

They come in different heights. My fence is 5' so I buy 6-1/2' T-posts. They
have a little stablelizer type thing that you pound until it's underground.
I think I have a bundle of them not used yet and can get a photo if you'd
like.

> How deep do they go?

Typically 18 inches.

> How do you put them in the ground?

With a T-Post pounder, $20 to $30. It's a metal tube with one end closed and
handles on both sided, and you pound them.

> Sounds like a good option since I'm not sure where I want permanent
> fields.

If you need to move them get a post popper--- get one anyhow, they're a very
handy tool to have. Probably around $40.

HTH

Cheryl

Sand Creek Icelandic Horses and Icelandic Sheepdogs
Puppies by CH Vesturhlithar Loki available late 2007
website: www.toltallyice.com