My barn isn't fancy, but there isn't much I'd change about it. It was built
in 1996, after we'd owned horses for about eight years, so I REALLY
appreciated it.  It's 46 feet x 48 feet.  Five 12 x 12 foot stalls and one
12x14 foot stall, an 8x12 foot wash stall and a 10x10 foot tack room. It
turns out that I don't like my tack room so much though, so I mounted saddle
racks down the barn hallway.   (The hallway is 12 feet wide.)  On the
pasture side, there is an overhang for a run-in shed, and on the other side,
there are three, small private paddocks for each stall on that side.  I
think you can see the skylights.  I didn't turn any of the lights on for the
pictures, so this is just natural light, taken late in the day.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=4jh0nhxz.72p0j767&x=0&y=-a7t9bb

Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC