--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Virginia Tupper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I will be riding outdoors this winter since I won't have an indoor
> riding arena after we move and I hate to be cold--so what do you all
> wear under a helmet, what's the warmest socks, do you wear an
> Icelandic winter riding suit or skidoo suit?  What gloves are best?
> If you have any links to sites online that are best to buy from I'd
> appreciate it!

I've tried helmet covers and ear covers and I don't like them. Finally
I outfitted my ski helmet w/ a visor and I ride in that. It's very warm
and they're not too expensive, no more than a regular riding helmet.
You can get a basic ski helmet for $40-50. Much warmer than any riding
helmet I've ever had, and will protect your head just as well as any
riding helmet.

Robyn S