between a donkey and a what? Paint what ever the other half is right?
Cute, Cute and what do you do with this type animal? Ride, Pack, drive? Are
they a willing subject?

We adopted Buck 2.5 years ago from the rescue agency.  He was part of a
seizure of a bunch of horses from horrible conditions.  There were several
dead draft horses on the premises, and I understand that some of the ones
rescued with Buck didn't make it.  They thought he was about 2-3 years old
then.  When we got him, we could barely get a halter on him, and only sort
of lead him...and he'd kick out in a heartbeat if he felt trapped.  And
forget handling his feet.  Now he lets us do about anything, and is one of
the friendliest critters on the farm.  His only official assignment is herd
hairdresser- he occasionally give the herd haircuts for no charge.
Eventually, I'd like to drive him, and my husband keeps saying that he's
going to use him as Skjoni's pack mule assistant.  We'll see.  Right now, we
just enjoy his big old personality.  He's smart as he can be, and learns
very quickly.  I can see why people like mules after meeting Buck. He's the
only mule we've ever owned.

I assume he's a mule - he could be a hinny for all we know.  Mules have
mares for mothers and jacks for dads, while hinnies have jennies for moms,
and stallions for dads.  Mules are much more common than hinnies.

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:22 AM

IceHorses Community for Photos and Videos:  http://kickapps.com/icehorses

"The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate,
contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic."

"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

[] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
[] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
[] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo
[] IceHorses Map  http://www.frappr.com/IceHorses