On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:10:35 -0700, you wrote:

>Hunter (14.3), Twist (15.1) and Tali (15.1) three different breeds, all wear
>a 72".  If Huggin wears a 72", he must be a pretty big boy.

Virtually all Icelandics over here wear between 63" and 69" - in fact,
I don't think I've ever sold a rug bigger than 69" to an Icelandic
owner. Skessa, who is a big 14.1hh, and Kalsi who is 14hh but very,
very long, both wear 69". Sweet itch blankets, that is, and
occasionally a cooler rug when we come home sweaty in the winter.

We only put waterproof rugs on the old horses occasionally when we get
days on end of rain and wind, and onto any mucky grey horse I'm riding
over the winter. Although Skessa's grey, she stays quite clean, but
Kalsi has got pig somewhere back in his ancestry.

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"