On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:01:05 -0400, you wrote:

>I've never seen a herd of "free grazing" Icelandic's that didn't have some
>serious weight problems in the mature horses...

In our lot, only youngsters, brood mares and oldies get free grazing.
The riding horses (or ones of that sort of age, mares who are not in
foal etc) are restricted, especially in the spring.

I was looking at one of the fields today. Four horses, total years
between them 111 !

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"